DISTRICT ZOUK CLASSES SUSPENDED FOR 4 WEEKS
In light of the current situation and guidance regarding COVID-19 in the Washington, DC area, we have decided it is best to suspend our regular District Zouk classes and events at this time.
In light of the current situation and guidance regarding COVID-19 in the Washington, DC area, we have decided it is best to suspend our regular District Zouk classes and events at this time. We delayed making this decision hoping it would not come to this, but it seems clear now that this is the best way to prevent further spread of this disease.
- Series classes scheduled to start March 17-19 will be delayed by four weeks. We plan for them to start April 14-16, and we will monitor the situation between now and then.
- The Level 1.5 series that started last week will pick up again on April 15.
- Our weekender scheduled for March 19-22 will be canceled, and refunds will be issued. (Please allow us some time to process those.)
ONLINE LEARNING GROUPS - March 14-April 10
Knowing that there is still interest in continuing learning and staying active during these challenging times, we have decided to offer online learning groups and classes. These groups will consist of:
- A weekly live class on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night.
- Additional video content during the week.
- Opportunities to share practice videos and ask questions.
- Stored content so videos can be accessed and reviewed later.
Topics will include:
- Leader’s and Follower’s Technique (solo training)
- Conditioning, Technique & Drills (solo training)
- Leveled Partner Training (to be practiced with one partner)
Each learning group will have a one-time fee for four weeks of classes and content, which will go towards supporting the instructors. Stay tuned for the full details - they will be posted on Saturday, March 14 and classes will begin March 16.
Our instructors will also be available for individual online coaching, with discounted rates for members of the online learning groups. You can contact them directly to schedule sessions.
More updates will be posted here and on our social media outlets.
Stay positive, and keep dancing!
Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority. Protect yourself and others by following basic protective measures against coronavirus..