MONDAYS: Weekly Drop-in Classes & Practica
○ 7-8pm - Level 1: Fundamentals (Weekly Drop-in Class) w/ Alisson
○ 8:15-9:15pm - Level 2: Technique & New Moves (Weekly Drop-in Class) w/ Alisson
○ 9:30-11pm - Weekly Practica
TUESDAYS: Progressive Series, Special Topics Classes & Practice
○ 6:45-8:15pm - Special Topics (June 11-25, July 2-16, July 23 & 30)
- June 11-25: Body Movement: Brazilian Zouk Special Topic Series w/ Gui & Valeska
- June 11-25: Traveling & Turns: Brazilian Zouk Special Topic Series w/ Alisson & Natalie
- July 2-9: Zouk Challenge w/ Alisson & Vanessa
- July 16-30: Flow Lab: Brazilian Zouk Special Topics Series w/ Gui & Vanessa
○ 6:45-8:15pm - Progressive Fundamentals (Level 2): 6-Week Brazilian Zouk Series w/ Jamiel & Angelica (July 2 - August 6)
○ 8:15-8:45pm - Practice
○ 8:45-10:15pm - Zouk Foundations & Combinations (Level 1.5): 8-Week Series w/ Gui & Julissa (June 11 - July 30)
○ 8:45-10:15pm - Intermediate Variations on Fundamentals (Level 2.5): 8-Week Seri w/ Alisson & Ashley (June 11 - July 30)
WEDNESDAYS: Progressive Series & Teams
○ 6:45-8:15pm Brazilian Zouk Fundamentals (Level 1): 6-Week Series w/ Gui & Natalie (June 12 - July 24)
○ 8:30-10pm Advanced Zouk Fundamentals & Variations (Level 3.5) w/ Gui & Vanessa (June 12 - August 7)
THURSDAYS: Special Topics Classes, Intermediate Drop-in Class & Ballet/Modern
○ 6:45-8:15pm - Special Topics (June 13-27, July 11 - August 8)
- June 13-27: Circular Head Movement: Brazilian Zouk Special Topic Series w/ Alisson & Brenda
- July 11-August 8: Footwork & Groundedness: Brazilian Zouk Special Topic Series w/ Alisson & Gui
○ 8:30-10:00pm - Intermediate Drop-in Class w/ Alisson & Gui (June 13 - August 8)
○ 8:30-10:00pm - Ballet & Jazz Technique for Partner Dancers w/ Natalie (June 20 - August 1, Drop-in or Series)
SATURDAYS: Leaders & Followers Technique Classes
○ 1-2:30pm - Brazilian Zouk Leader's Technique w/ Alisson Sandi (June 15-29, Drop-in or Series) - Last half hour is with followers
○ 2:00-3:30pm - Brazilian Zouk Follower's Technique w/ Alisson Sandi (June 15-29, Drop-in or Series) - First half hour is with leaders
☆ WHO SHOULD SIGN UP?
Anyone interested in improving your zouk technique. There are different levels, so there's something for everyone. Class sizes are limited so you can get personal feedback. You can consider retaking a class you’ve taken before to help refine and improve your technique.
☆ WHY TAKE A PROGRESSIVE CLASS?
This is an opportunity to learn with a consistent group of people where each week's material builds on what was taught the previous week.
☆ WHERE ARE CLASSES LOCATED?
All classes are at DanceSport Dupont Circle, in the Fellowship Hall of the Church of the Pilgrims (2201 P St NW, Washington, DC).
Ask any of our instructors which class is right for you.
This Tuesday we're having a practica and a mock Jack & Jill competition at DanceSport Dupont Circle. A Jack and Jill competition is one where you are paired with random partners and dance several songs. You'll be judged on timing, technique and teamwork, and the top three winners will receive prizes.
The practica will run 7-9:30pm, with the Jack & Jill at 7:30pm.
Join us for our next Swouk Party on June 15! Alisson Sandi will be teaching our intermediate workshop.
Also, *save the date* for a District Zouk 5-year Anniversary Celebration the weekend of July 26-28 with guest instructors Willem Engel and Kristīne Krosi.